Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 15, 2013 Visa News

Mi querido familia, (that is probably spelled wrong)

First off I am going to answer some questions so I don't forget. Sharon, She is doing well. Interesting, but well. We are trying to see her this week... but she is very sincere. She just has a hard time keeping commitments. But she enjoyed conference and loves meeting with us. So that's real good.

Brother Koogler, the less active I talked about... wait for it... WAS AT CHURCH! and He took notes on conference (which was our commitment to him) AW man it was so great! I was so happy to see him it was ridiculous. And you could tell he was real happy to be there too.

Mom: Yes I can print emails. but here it's 20 cents a page, so for the most part we don't. And unfortunately here in Murphysboro we only have 1 hr for email, which sounds like a lot but it's not, especially since we have to write letters to the president. In my last area we had more time, but this library kicks you off the computers after an hour. Weird.

And thanks for the spelling check. Yes it's true, I have very little time and don't proof read and am trying to type quickly.... but also I just have bad spelling. Plus Spanish. (By the way, my comp has worse spelling than me. It's rough)

I loved Sarah's letter! Tell her thanks!

So highlights of this week:

  • We got a new companion! Her name is Sister Franks, and she is a visa waiter for Brazil (we laughed together at the Portuguese influence in Sarah's spelling). She is from Texas and you best believe she has a great accent. She's from the north east part so it's thick. I love her. We got her Saturday and she got really thrown into things since we did not know she was coming until midday Friday.
  • Another super exciting thing that happened: We found 7 new investigators. Yep 7. that is no typo. All I can say is the lord blesses you when you talk to everyone and really open your mouth.
  • Another is Kyle. I think I wrote about him. He is a part member family and super solid. Well we had a fantastic lesson with him. His wife bore her testimony and the spirit was so strong. He started crying and we all were chocked up. And he prayed! For the very first time out loud and in front of everyone. You could see how happy his wife was! He told us he had been so nervous for that part, but it was the best prayer. I just love that family so very much.
  • Also, I got to be companions with Hermana White (MTC companion) for a day again! They really like to bounce visa waiters around, so they needed a sister for a couple days, and she stayed with us for a day till someone could come get her. It was really cool to see how she has grown in the last 2 months!


The work here is going really well. I love it. I am sad that I am leaving. OH! Yeah! Big news. I AM LEAVING! I GOT MY VISA TO ARGENTINA! Yep! It totally happened. Awww man am I excited. My plan to skip winter worked out. God is so merciful. I leave OCT. 28. so two weeks from yesterday. I am bursting with excitement (in case you missed that). It's weird to think I am actually going to go to Argentina. I guess in my mind this is just my mission now. But not for long. Hermana White, and one other elder from my MTC district also got theirs too, and I am so excited to go out with them! Definitely sad to leave here... but thrilled to go.

All of the sudden Language study got real for me. So I started once again really focusing. I translated 'Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes' into Spanish. Let's just say it does not flow. However Sister Nicholson thinks it's hilarious. It goes like this:
Cabeza
Hombros
Rodillas y
Dedos de pies (that's the killer in the flow)
**Repeat as necessary**
Ojos
Orejas
Boca y
Nariz

I really like that last part! It's fun to say.

Man this week has been so good. I have really been studying Charity. It's amazing to break it down and study all of the parts that you find in Moroni 7. I love this gospel and I love this work.
I know now more than ever that God loves us, Jesus Christ is my savior, and the redeemer of all the world, and that this gospel is the only way to get back to him.
I love you all so much, and hope that you all doing well!
Les Quierro!
Hermana Sirrine

Sorry no pics, i forgot my camera...

No comments:

Post a Comment