Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18, 2013 Hello Hello

Hola familia!

Well this week was pretty much straight street contacting and walking. It´s pretty brutal, especially because walking is not exactly my strong suit right now! But it´s been cool to see times when the gift of tongues is definitely present.

This week we had a super cool opportunity. Elder Holland came and talked to us. We went to the Buenos Aires West mission, and it was Us, them and the South mission. It was cool to be with that many missionaries again! I have never been that close to an Apostle before (he walked right by me! Seriously he was 2 feet away). The hermanas all got to sit in the front, so I was about 5 rows back. Man was that powerful and spiritual. Oh and he was also staying in our ward, because the Area Seventy is in my ward. He talked a lot about how important our own conversion is. This is something that I know to be true! Out here is really hard, and I cannot imagine doing it if I was not converted to the lord.

One thing that he talked about is that the road to salvation always goes through Gethsemane. It is impossible to become like Christ without trials and tribulations. This work will never be easy because it never was easy for Christ.

Daily Miracles:
11- we got a new map that is actually legible! Yay!
12- I started a bunch of conversations in the street. I could not carry the whole conversation, but I was able to do a lot!
13- We had a really good district meeting. I have the best leaders. I am so grateful for them!
14- This morning i woke up with a fever, and felt terrible. As we were going to our lunch appointment we passed the elders, and they offered a blessing. They were able to give me one, and it was amazing how quickly I was able to feel better so that I could work. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood and that I have access to it. I am so grateful for those who live worthy of it!
15- Today we had very little success... but nonetheless I was able to be happy and the day turned out pretty good. I am learning that my happiness here does not depend on what numbers I put at the end of the day, but on how much I choose it.
16- Elder Holland
17- We had ward council today and they are amazing! The leaders of our ward are so missionary minded and it is awesome! Hopefully we can get this area progressing!

I love you all and I pray for you every day!
Les Quierro!
Hermana Sirrine

No comments:

Post a Comment